Thursday 19 June 2014

10: GOAL!!!


So the FIFA Football World Cup is in full swing in Brazil, and there have already been some surprises. Current holders Spain have lost their two opening group matches and are almost on a flight home. Who'd have predicted that a month ago? Certainly not me!

That's not the only surprise of the week for me though. Over the past fortnight I've been tantilisingly close to reaching one of my initial fitness goals – that of reducing my weight to 80 kilos (176 lbs). 

This morning I was at Luke Bremner Fitness for a regular review of my diet and nutrition, and for Luke to take my body measurements. When I stood on the scales and 80.6 kgs popped up, my immediate reaction was "Get in there!"

To put this into some context, when I first discussed my original goals with Luke back in April, I'd said that I wanted my weight to be 80 kilos after 6 months. So to achieve this target in 3 months makes all the sacrifices and effort worth while.

However I'm not about to rest on my laurels. Luke and I have already discussed some new goals for me aim at in the next 3 months - one of which will be very tough to achieve - but I'm up for the challenge and it'll be interesting to see how I fare.


POSTSCRIPT: Saturday 21 June
Yesterday Luke published the graphic below which shows photos of me in April and June 2014. I think it goes without saying that my progress is now clear for all to see. For those who were taught metric weights and measurements at school, like me, 13lbs equals 5.8 kilos!



No comments:

Post a Comment