Friday 27 November 2015

27 T-Shirt Day


Today was BBC Radio 6Music's "Wear your old band t-shirt to work day". This included a neat interactive element. If you tweeted a photo to 6Music of you, wearing your favourite band t-shirt, then they would try and play a track by the artist or group on your shirt. 

As a result of tweeting the photo of me wearing an a-ha singlet, that I got at their 2002 Lifelines tour in Glasgow, I received a reply from the Radcliffe & Maconie production team. They asked whether I'd like to appear on the show to chat about the garment, which I was happy to do.

The presenters, Mark Radcliffe and Elizabeth Alker, were very complimentary about they way I looked, and how well the shirt fitted me. Many people on Twitter also sent nice comments to me, when the photo was retweeted. 

So this afternoon I suddenly became aware that the world can finally see the results of what I've been working towards with Luke, and his team, at Luke Bremner Fitness.

This realisation felt very satisfying. It also confirmed to me that my original aim of getting match-fit for the second half of my life was one of the most important decisions that I've made, and will probably every make, in my lifetime.

If you're in the UK and have access to iPlayer Radio you can listen to my chat with the hosts by scrolling along to 00.43 on this link for the next 29 days:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06phwbg#play


No comments:

Post a Comment