Friday 16 May 2014

6: Strictly Disciplined


Last weekend I high-tailed it from Scotland to Northamptonshire in order to join family at the wedding of my sister and her husband. As I hadn't seen my parents or my siblings since mid-March, it was great to receive comments from everyone about how good I was looking.

I kept the biggest surprise until the following day though, when I turned up for the wedding in Highland dress. After living in Scotland for 23 years I decided it was about time I wore a kilt, and feeling great about about how I'm currently looking and feeling, made the whole experience even more enjoyable.

I also took advantage of my sister's nuptials to provide myself with a little treat. I had my first alcoholic drink in almost two months.

If you've read Luke Bremner's free eBook 21 Tips to Burn Fat Fast! - which you can download from his website - you'll know that alcohol is not only very high in calories, but also food eaten around the same time is more likely to be stored as fat. I'm convinced that some of my weight-loss, over the past couple of months, is purely down to being disciplined and avoiding booze of any kind. 

Despite the family celebrations I remained strict with myself, and kept my alcohol in-take to a minimum. It didn't stop me enjoying the weekend - in fact on Saturday night I was probably on the dance floor for the longest amount of time than I have been in years!

Back in Edinburgh, Luke threaten me at the gym on Tuesday. He told me that he was going to create a 'swear jar' with a difference especially for me - it's called the 'sorry' jar. He explained that every time I said "Sorry!" I'd have to put a pound in the jar. I'm glad he was only joking - or at least I hope he was - as he'd already be quids in!

What I often forget during my training sessions is that I'm pushing my body to new limits and not being able to achieve everything I'm asking it to do is actually okay.

That said, I'm finishing the week knowing I did two great workouts with Luke. We've increased the amount of weight for my barbell squats and dead-lifts, plus my technique for a whole host of other exercises continues to improve. So in summary a very positive seven days or so all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment